poi-user mailing list archives

From Vijayakumar Gowdaman <vijayakumar.gowda...@db.com>
Subject Re: reading the drop down list cells
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:52:30 GMT
The reason I am doing this I am distributing the spreadsheet in to web
based format. So I am dynamically
creating a html. For that I need to read each cell and if it is a drop
down list cell then I wanted to convert it
in to html select box.
Also the user updates the web page which on the back ground updates the
spreadsheet.

I'll go through the suggestions you have mentioned below and let you know.

Regards,

Vijayakumar Gowdaman

Group Technology & Operations (GTO)
Global Markets
Deutsche Bank
off: 02075456250
Mob:07789773998

MSB <markbrdsly@tiscali.co.uk>
12/01/2010 16:42
Please respond to
"POI Users List" <user@poi.apache.org>

user@poi.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: reading the drop down list cells

I have never needed to do anything like this and do not know the answer.
Hoever, it looks as though you need to get at the DVRecord for the
workbook/worksheet, I am not too sure which structure it is associated
with
yet but I would guess the latter. The first way I have seen to gain access
to this record is the createDVRecord() method of the HSSFDataValidation
class but that method is not static and so you need an instance of the
HSSFDataValidation class and I cannot see how to get at that currently. If
you have a good search through the javadocs for methods that return a
DVRecord, that should be a good place to start I think. Hopefully, one of
the developers who knows the structure far better than I will respond
soon.

Will keep looking myself and if anything else presents itself, I will post
again.

Yours

Mark B