poi-user mailing list archives

From Vijayakumar Gowdaman <vijayakumar.gowda...@db.com>
Subject identifying the date cell
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:45:40 GMT
I am using the POI version 3.5. I want to identify a Cell is a date
formatted cell. I was looking at the interface
org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Cell
which is not having a field to identify a date formatted cell.

When I tried the below code

CellReference cellReference = new CellReference("A5");
Row row = sheet.getRow(cellReference.getRow());
Cell cell = row.getCell(cellReference.getCol());
int cellFormat = cell.getCellType();

the value of the cellFormat is 0 for both numeric and date fields.

But I can alternativley identify a date cell by using below code

if(cellFormat == CELL.CELL_TYPE_NUMERIC) {
    if(DateUtil.isCellDateFormatted(cell)) {
        //Date cell
    } else {
       //Numeric cell
    }
}

but is there a way to check the date cell straight away with out calling
the DateUtil class.

Regards,

Vijayakumar Gowdaman

---