poi-user mailing list archives

From Dave Coventry <dgcoven...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't execute Java from PHP
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 05:49:17 GMT
I can't run my Java HSSF app from PHP.

I've asked on PHP forums but everybody seems as perplexed as I.

Perhaps someone on here has had similar problems and either knows the
answer or can suggest steps to take to debug it.

The following line in my PHP script fails. nothing prints out, it just
returns FALSE.
~~~~~~~~~ 8< ~~~~~~~~~~~~
system('java -jar /home/dave/web/drupal/java/dist/emp.jar');
~~~~~~~~~ 8< ~~~~~~~~~~~~

However, this works: (It prints out the help info normally associated
with incorrect parameters passed to Java.)
~~~~~~~~~ 8< ~~~~~~~~~~~~
system('java -jar');

This also works:
system("ls -l /home/dave/web/drupal/java/dist/emp.jar");

It prints out a listing of /home/dave/web/drupal/java/dist/emp.jar
including permissions.

Thanks,

Dave C.