poi-user mailing list archives

From Philip Nienhuis <pr.nienh...@hccnet.nl>
Subject Errors using INDIRECT() ? (POI v.3.5-FINAL & 3.6)
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 18:29:03 GMT
Hi

I am developing xls r/w support for octave (an open source version of
Matlab, see www.octave.org and octave.sf.net).
I've successfully used Apache POI 3.5-FINAL & 3.6 for this, however I
still get some errors related to (I think) Excel's INDIRECT function.
The error message is:

"error: [java] org.apache.poi.ss.formula.eval.NotImplementedException:
Error evaluating cell Rekenblad!E4"

The cell in A4 has:  =MIN(E10:E5123). Following a number of references
to other cells, this finally points to a number of cells with a formula
like this:

=AVERAGE(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(Q24),COLUMN(Q24))):INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(Q25)-Invoer!B$12,COLUMN(Q24))))

in which cells in another worksheet "Invoer" in the same file are
referenced.
Replacing these formulas in the relevant cells by a value of 0 (zero)
makes the error message go away.

A bit confusing may be that I'm using a Java interface in Octave, not
e.g. Netbeans or so. But AFAICS that shouldn't be an issue here; if it
may help: using JExcelAPI for reading the same data from the same
worksheet from the same file goes without errors.
Needless to say, using ActiveX/COM/(i.e. native Excel) works OK too.
I prefer POI however.

If needed I can upload the xls-file in question + an octave code snippet.

Thanks,

Philip