poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject RE: POI 3.6 XSSFSheet - how can I lock specific user edit actions on a given sheet?
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:55:48 GMT

I must admit that I do not know the answer Jaems but do have a question to
ask. When you open the workbook using Excel, visit the protection options
can you see whether any of the boxes have been checked? I am wondering if
XWPF is completing part of the process and it is necessary to call another
method to actually 'complete' the protection. If you thonk about protecting
a single cell as an example, you apply a format that locks the cell and then
protect the worksheet; I am wondering if the equivalent of 'protecting the
worksheet' is the missing step in this process. Having said that, if XWPF is
performing part of the process, I do not know how to make it complete,
sorry.

Yours

Mark B