poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Units to be set through getFormat()
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:59:19 GMT

Cannot think what to say really because this;

numberStyle.setDataFormat(workbook.createDataFormat().getFormat("0.00\"
€\""));

worked fine on my machine, as did this;

numberStyle.setDataFormat(workbook.createDataFormat().getFormat("0.00\"€\""));

The only apparent difference is the numeric portion of the format - mine is
simpler - but I cannot believe that has any impact; sadly, I did not try it
to see because I wanted to reproduce the problem and reply to your question,
but I confident that it ought to make no difference at all to the result. Of
course, these are very similar to one you have already tried with no
success!

I thought that it may be down to a problem with fonts so I tried changing
that as well and it had not impact other than sometimes leaving the Euro
symbol unaffacted so that you had the odd effect of a number formatted using
one font and the currency symbol another.

Is the Euro symbol available on your keyboard? I have to press and hold down
the AltGr key and then press the number 4 to get the symbol on my keyboard?
Are you able to create a suitable format directly using Excel or is it
likewise unable to display the Euro symbol? Some time ago, I do seem to
remember - getting old now so the memory is dodgy - that the Euro symbol was
only defined for certain codepages but I cannot see that being the real
problem.

Yours

Mark B

PS Had a quick search and found this, it may help;
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/EuroSymbolFAQ.mspx