poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Microsoft Word error after opening previous generated doc file
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:29:53 GMT

Well, one thought is that you are trying to insert a CharacterRun rather than
a Paragraph object. Have a look at this example, I seem to remember that it
worked successfully;

Remember Andreas that HWPF is very immature and if you try to use it for
anything really complex it may well fail you. For example, I have run into
problems setting more than one attribute for a CharacterRun; it is possible
to set the text emboldened or underlined but not both. Would you be willing
to contribute toward developing HWPF? If so, then visit this page
http://poi.apache.org/hwpf/index.html and see about becoming involved

Mark B