poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: identifying the date cell
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:46:56 GMT

If you want the date as a String formatted just the way the user sees it in
the workbook, then you can simply call the formatCellValue(Cell) method of
the org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.DataFormatter class. It will recover the
value from the cell, apply the formatting and return a String to you that
can be used on reports, etc. In fact, if all you want to do is read through
the worksheet cell be cell and retrieve each cells value as a formatted
String, then there is really no need to text the cells type at all as the
method simply accepts a reference to a Cell.

Yours

Mark B