poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: reading the drop down list cells
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:42:27 GMT

I have never needed to do anything like this and do not know the answer.
Hoever, it looks as though you need to get at the DVRecord for the
workbook/worksheet, I am not too sure which structure it is associated with
yet but I would guess the latter. The first way I have seen to gain access
to this record is the createDVRecord() method of the HSSFDataValidation
class but that method is not static and so you need an instance of the
HSSFDataValidation class and I cannot see how to get at that currently. If
you have a good search through the javadocs for methods that return a
DVRecord, that should be a good place to start I think. Hopefully, one of
the developers who knows the structure far better than I will respond soon.

Will keep looking myself and if anything else presents itself, I will post
again.

Yours

Mark B