poi-user mailing list archives

From Piyush84 <piyush.srivastava1...@gmail.com>
Subject Editing Chart Data Range Code Snippet
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:41:17 GMT

Hi,

I am using Apache POI to edit excel Files. I have a template excel where in
the chart (3D) has been generated by using 4 rows and 5 columns. When I am
adding extra column (say 3) it makes my data 4 rows and 8 columns but my
chart is not updated automatically. I searched all the poi forums and come
to know that, in order to achieve that we can edit chart data range. I tried
using chart data range but unable to do so.
It seems I am not able to use it in proper way. Can you guys please help me
in writing a piece of code which updates the chart data range as soon as I
am done with adding extra columns?
Any code snippet would be very helpful (since I have already given a try)

My code for editing Chart Data Range:

HSSFName testName = workbook.createName();
testName.setNameName("thenamedrange");
String reference = "Sheet1"+"!B9:I12"; // area reference
testName.setRefersToFormula(reference);

However, it is not working for me. I think there must be something which I
am missing.
Thanks for the help