poi-user mailing list archives

From maxSchlein <m_schl...@hotmail.com>
Subject WordExtractor.getText() returns  on word docs.
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:29:33 GMT

It appears that when I use WordExtractor.getText(), and there are tables in
the document, it returns  for every table column.  Is there a way to have
this filtered out other than looping thru the returned text.  Or is there
something else I should be doing?  Thanks in advance for the help...

The reason this is an issue is I am using Lucene's WhiteSpaceAnalyzer and it
is not treating this  as whitespace.  so a search a given word/phrase that
happens to be next to one of these 's is not found.