poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: How can POI extend the support on excel functions?
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 07:53:16 GMT

That's good news, I did not know if you would had the flexibility with regard
to creating the file to do something like that.

Just as an aside, I remembered after posting my last reply that if you are
developing for OpenOffice alone, then there is the ODFToolkit project at
http://odftoolkit.org/. This is an API designed to do what POI does but
targeted at OpenOffice's 'native' xml based file format. Of course, these
files cannot be opened using Excel so if you are developing for both
platforms POI is still the best bet even if there are issues such as this
formula problem to sidestep.

Yours

Mark B