poi-user mailing list archives

From "Doppelhofer Andreas" <Andreas.Doppelho...@salomon.at>
Subject how to set character encoding in new doc file
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:59:14 GMT
hi all,
i try to generate a doc file with some different character encodings
like ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-5.
In my app i read an existing doc file and then i want to write it to a
new file after doing some changes.
But after writing the new file i try to open it with Microsoft Word
(2003 SP3), there i only get "?" for all unknown characters?!
When i print some debug messages to stdout i get all characters (i think
unicode).

How can i set an encoding for Paragraph/Text?

I am working with eclipse on windows using poi-bin-3.6-20091214.

thx
dops

--

Salomon Automation GmbH - Friesachstrasse 15 - A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friesach bei Graz