poi-user mailing list archives

From "Doppelhofer Andreas" <Andreas.Doppelho...@salomon.at>
Subject Microsoft Word error after opening previous generated doc file
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:49:21 GMT
Hi all,
Following code creates a new doc file from an existing empty doc file.
The generation terminates without error, but after opening the new
"sample2.doc" file with Microsoft Word (2003 SP3) and trying to
edit/add/remove the text, Microsoft Word ist getting "no response" and
the only way to close Word is to kill it from Task Manager.
I tried to open the file with OpenOffice (3.1) and there only the "H"
from "Hello World!" is displayed. In OpenOffice i can add/remove... some

What's the error? I'm using poi-bin-3.6-20091214 on Windows. The
"empty.doc" file is a doc file without any text or something in it. Just
"create new file" and save it.

Thx dops

 File file = new File("empty.doc");
 POIFSFileSystem fs1 = new POIFSFileSystem(new FileInputStream(file));
 HWPFDocument doc = new HWPFDocument(fs1);

 Range range = doc.getRange();
 CharacterRun run = range.insertAfter("Hello World!");

 OutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(new File("sample2.doc"));

Salomon Automation GmbH - Friesachstrasse 15 - A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friesach bei Graz
UID-NR:ATU28654300 - Firmenbuchnummer: 49324 K
Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht fur Zivilrechtssachen Graz