poi-user mailing list archives

From Vijayakumar Gowdaman <vijayakumar.gowda...@db.com>
Subject Re: tracing the cell dependencies
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:51:35 GMT
Thanks for the reply Mark. But my requirement is before executing the
evaluate method
I need to go through the cells and decide wheather a cell is used any
where else in the
workbook then I am considering this as an input cell and my logic is
handling this cell in a different
way compare to the normal label or header text cells.
As you said I'll go through the HSSFFormulaEvaluator and see is there any
way to find the cell dependencies.
Also may be it'll be useful if there is something similar to ctrl-f
function in excel.

Regards,

Vijayakumar Gowdaman

Group Technology & Operations (GTO)
Global Markets
Deutsche Bank
off: 02075456250
Mob:07789773998

MSB <markbrdsly@tiscali.co.uk>
16/12/2009 17:32
Please respond to
"POI Users List" <user@poi.apache.org>

user@poi.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: tracing the cell dependencies

Must admit that I do not know the defintive answer to this question so
please
take what I say 'with a pinch of salt'. Having said that, no, I do not
think
there is a way to trace dependenices currently but I can image that it
might
be possible to patch the HSSFFormulaEvaluator to do something that may
help.
Currently, there is a method that allows you to evaluate any and all
formulae on a worksheet and, I am of course guessing, to do this, it
must(?)
parse the formulae into tokens. As a result, it must(?) extract any cell
references that exist in the formulae and so it is possible to imagine
that
similar code could be used to produce a list of all cells referenced by
formulae on the sheet. That is all said from the safety of ignorance as I
have no idea how to proceed but it might point you in the right direction
-
quite possibly straight up a dead end street!

Yours

Mark B