poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: Workarounds/solutions to embed worksheets to Slides using POI
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:42:48 GMT
The problem has been fixed in r890714.

When embedding a workbook, MS Office modifies the .xls file and sets a special
property called StorageClassID. It turned out that this property is important
for embedded objects - MS Office uses it to activate the document's
application. HSSFWorkbook did not preserve this property across read-write and it
was the reason why PowerPoint could not open embedded .xls after modification.

Daily builds can be downloaded from http://encore.torchbox.com/poi-svn-build/

Yegor