poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: HSSF workbook print setup margins
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:36:23 GMT

I must admit that I would use a template file to do this because I am not
aware of any technique that will allow you to insert pictures into the
footer using POI. Simply create a new Workbook using Excel, set the margins
as you want them and save it away. All you need to do then is open the
workbook using POI and populate the sheet(s).

Just a word of warning - possibly - pictures in headers and footers were not
supported in versions prior to 2002 - I think. Before that time, you have to
use a trick to fool Excel into placing the image into a hearder/footer and
so you risk creating files that may not - and I emphasise the may bit - be
completely compatible with older versions (e.g. Excel 97/2000) of Excel.

Yours

Mark B