poi-user mailing list archives

From Kalpana <nkalp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to determine if a row is hidden?
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:07:03 GMT
Paul Spencer <paulsp <at> apache.org> writes:

> I am using poi 3.5-FINAL with both .xls and .xlsx files.
>
> How do I determine if a rows is hidden?
>   o There is no sheet.isRowHidden(rowNumber)
>   o cell.getCellStyle().getHidden() return false when the cell is on a
> rows that is hidden.
>
> Paul Spencer

Hi Paul,

You can write a child class for XSSFSheet/XSSFRow, and add a method which will
determine whether the xml representation of the XSSF Row object has the Xml
attribute "hidden" set to "1"
The XSSFWrappers can be extended to write your own methods which do specific
operations like this.

Regards,
Kalpana