poi-user mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: help with reading and editing a file with java
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:50:25 GMT
In Apache Tomcat we have a servlet that does something like this:

public class MyExcelServlet extends HttpServlet {
public void doGet (HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException, IOException {
try {
	response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel" );
	response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "inline;filename="+filename);
	HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
	// create your workbook using Apache POI
	wb.write(response.getOutputStream());
} catch (Exception e) {
}
}