poi-user mailing list archives

From Matheus Mota <matheus.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Document POI
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:43:14 GMT
Hi Andrea!
Really interesting idea.

If you allow me, i want to make a suggestion:

I doesn't see any relation with POI, maybe you are just a POI "client", but
whatever.
Im saying that because you can use the same idea to create other types of
documents in the future. XLS is just one possibility.

For example: A app, or somebody, generate this HTML-like template and want
to see the data into a PDF or ODS or XLSX or
JEKS<http://www.eteks.com/jeks/en/> or
whatever, depending on the need. Instead call Document.generateXls(...)
only, you can call Document.generateXLSX(...) or Document.generateODS(...)
or Document.generate(Document.XLSX, ...).

Basicly, using your idea and you "framework", the app, or the programmer,
can now generate many types of documents, all based on the same xml. To do
that, you'll need to use a set of APIs, including POI. Take a look on the
pattern builder too.

 Let me know if I said something stupid or if I did not understand the idea
of the project.
Congratulations anyway, I think i'll use it =)

Matheus.