poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Any solution to eliminate out of memory error for large export to excel apart from increasing the heap size.
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:27:21 GMT

May I ask which version of the Excel file format you are targetting? Are you
trying to create binary .xls files or xml based .xlsx files? If the latter
then you could take a look at the
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xssf/usermodel/examples/BigGridDemo.java
proof that Yegor created. It is only intended to demonstrate a technique and
must not be thought of as a complete application however.

If, however, you are targetting the binary file format then I am afraid that
the news is not too good. Owing to the file format - it consists of a series
of linked lists - it is not possible to write the file out in chunks.

Yours

Mark B