poi-user mailing list archives

From jayrp11 <nish...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory and perfomance issues
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:17:26 GMT

Hi,

As we know at present in current final release 3.5 of POI we have memory and
performance related issues.

I know these has been discussed several times earlier. But now POI has
released final version and those issue may have different take.

So, for this memory and performance related issues does POI has any plan to
address them in coming release.

Can the demo program developed by Yogor, BigGridDemo.java be considered for
solution to this problems?

We have developed our own solution which is inspired by BigGridDemo and it
is working fine. Also I have seen some other peoples are trying the same
thing. With this approach maintainability will be a concern. Like for
upgrade to newer version of POI.

I feel Excel 2007 support is more or less about providing support for large
data, But unfortunately, with current release developers will face troubles
for supporting large Excel 2007 format.

Please let us know about your comments.

Thanks,
Jaydeep.