poi-user mailing list archives

From "Bobby Kent" <bobbyken...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Compiling XLSX2CSV example using XSSF
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 00:28:06 GMT
Hey Peter,

Did the same and I think I understand the issue.  The package line at the
start of the java files are needed unless you make further code changes.  To
fix the issue, unzip the file you downloaded from
http://chris-lott.org/software/, and create the directory tree
org\chris_lott\xlsx2csv (on Windows) or org/chris_lott/xlsx2csv (on *nix).
Move the unzipped java files into the xlsx2csv directory but do not change
to this directory.  From the parent directory of org type:

javac org/chris_lott/xlsx2csv/XLSX2CSV.java  (works on Windows and *nix)

then

java org.chris_lott.xlsx2csv.XLSX2CSV workbook.xlsx

changing workbook.xlsx to the path and name for the workbook you wish to
convert to csv.

HTH,

Bobby

-----Original Message-----
From: peterconn [mailto:peter.connell@vedaadvantage.com]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 19:01
To: user@poi.apache.org
Subject: Compiling XLSX2CSV example using XSSF

Hi,
I copied the XLSX2CSV example using XSSF from this forum but have trouble
getting a clean compile.
My java skills are limited so I simply compile from the command line using
javac.

I have downloaded the latest POI release from Apache as
poi-bin-3.5-FINAL-20090928.zip and unzipped all the jar files and added
these to my classpath.

poi-ooxml-3.5-FINAL-20090928.jar
poi-scratchpad-3.5-FINAL-20090928.jar
poi-contrib-3.5-FINAL-20090928.jar
poi-3.5-FINAL-20090928.jar
commons-logging-1.1.jar
geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.jar
xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar
dom4j-1.6.1.jar
junit-3.8.1.jar
log4j-1.2.13.jar
ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar

The compile initially failed to find the ReadonlySharedStringsTable class so
I downloaded that code from this forum and complied class
ReadonlySharedStringsTable on the first attempt.
Please note that the only change I made was to remove the package statement.
I simply compiled ReadonlySharedStringsTable into my local directory as I
normally do with other classes.

Before compiling XLSX2CSV I also remove the package statement inserted by
Chris Lott.
But this compile fails with the error -

XLSX2CSV.java:376: cannot find symbol

symbol  : constructor
ReadonlySharedStringsTable(org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage)

location: class ReadonlySharedStringsTable

                ReadonlySharedStringsTable strings = new
ReadonlySharedStringsTable(this.xlsxPackage);

This package thing has me confused.
Can anybody help?

Cheers, Peter