poi-user mailing list archives

From Dan Carter <dan.j.car...@gmail.com>
Subject matching Embedded documents in POIFS to "EMBED" links
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:02:02 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to figure out which of the embedded ole objects corresponds to
the "EMBED" section in a word document (i.e. to determine which one belongs
where in the text)? I was naively expecting the order of each to correspond,
but this isn't the case.

On a similar note, is there any way of getting the name of the embedded
object ? Specifically, I have excel documents embedded in a word doc - the
excel icon in the word document has a filename on it - but i cannot see this
data anywhere in the file - possibly it is just image data ?

Thanks for any ideas.

Regards,
Dan