poi-user mailing list archives

From Vijayakumar Gowdaman <vijayakumar.gowda...@db.com>
Subject Re: WEEKDAY Function in spreadsheet
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:38:33 GMT
Mark,

  My answer is 'Yes'. My excel formula is some thing like =
WEEKDAY(TODAY()).
 It will be great if you send me some code samples.

Regards,

Vijayakumar Gowdaman

Group Technology & Operations (GTO)
Global Markets
Deutsche Bank
off: 02075456250
Mob:07789773998

MSB <markbrdsly@tiscali.co.uk>
04/09/2009 10:12
Please respond to
"POI Users List" <user@poi.apache.org>

user@poi.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: WEEKDAY Function in spreadsheet

Forgive me for asking stupid questions but I want to make sure I
understand
exactly what you are asking. Are you using POI to read an existing Excel
workbook, finding that one of the cells contains the WEEKDAY() formula and
are looking to find a way - using POI - to evaluate that formula?

If the answer to this question is 'yes' then I am sorry to say that the
WEEKDAY formula has not yet been implented in POI but you do have -
possibly
- options. It is possible to get at the formula itself and you could then
write code to parse it yourself. This morning, I ran a quick check and the
cell containing the WEEKDAY formula will be recognised as being type
formula
by POI; it should then be possible for you to recover a String that
contains
the formula the user entered into the cell. Using Java's string handling
functions, it is easy to check to see whether this String contains the
word
'WEEKDAY' and it should then be possible to write code to determine the
result of evaluating the formula. If you do not feel confident enough to
do
this yourself, can I ask you to post examples of the WEEKDAY formula on
your
worksheet and I will take a look at writing some code to help you out.

Yours

Mark B

VK123 wrote:

> Is there any way to evaluate the formula in a cell which contains
WEEKDAY