poi-user mailing list archives

From REINER_KU...@QVC.COM
Subject Antwort: Too many Cell Style objects
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 12:51:53 GMT
Hi Patil,

here are just my 2 cents:

I have the same problem, but have an upper limit of needed different
styles: ca. 200. So I store them in a HashMap for later reuse. Every time
I need a style I look first in the HashMap: if I already have one I reuse
it else I create a new one.
The resulting xls-file can have up to 53 sheets with ca. 2100 used cells
in every sheet...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Reiner Kühl

Reiner Kühl
Application Developer
IS&T EAD

QVC Call Center GmbH & Co. KG
Lise-Meitner-Allee 1
44801 Bochum

Telefon
+49 (0) 234-9732-2866
Fax
+49 (0) 234-9732-44 2866

E-Mail
reiner_kuehl@qvc.com

http://www.qvc.de

QVC - Ideen für mich!

Amtsgericht Düsseldorf: HRA 13610
Geschäftsführer der Komplementärin QVC Call Center Verwaltungs GmbH: Larry
R. Hayes, Dr. Ulrich Flatten

Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich
erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist
nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Patil Minal <PatilMinal@JohnDeere.com>
08.09.2009 14:16
Bitte antworten an
POI Users List <user@poi.apache.org>

An
'POI Users List' <user@poi.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Too many Cell Style objects

Hi,

        I need to have a different data format for every cell in a report.
I create this data format dynamically on the fly. But the problem is that
I am not able to create a single HSSFCellStyle object for the entire
column and reassign the HSSFDataFormat object for every row in that
column. The CellStyle object doesn't seem to change with the changed
DataFormat object. And If I create a HSSFCellStyle object for every cell,
and if I exceed the limit of around 5000 objects or so then the POI does
not apply any cell style to the data thereafter.

Can anyone suggest some apt solution for the problem.

- Minal.