poi-user mailing list archives

From "Bober, Paul" <paul_bo...@intuit.com>
Subject Names and cross workbook links
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:59:01 GMT
   I have two workbooks that I am evaluating using the ForkedEvaluator
shared environment and HSSF.  One workbook has a link to a Name in the
second workbook.  When I evaluate the cell which has the link, I get a
NameXEval back rather than a NumberEval which is what I am expecting.  It
all works if I use a direct A1 style reference.

More specifically.

wb1.xls has a cell (A1) with the value 100.  There is also a Name, MyCell,
which references this cell.

In wb2.xls the formula below returns a NameXEval
     =wb1.xls!MyCell

But, this formula returns the expected result (100)
    =¹[wb1.xls]Sheet1¹!A1

I have tried this with 3.5 Beta 6 and with the latest nightly build
(20090915).

I¹d prefer to use the named references.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Paul