poi-user mailing list archives

From yaniv yassour <yaneev...@gmail.com>
Subject Evaluating date formulas using HSSFFormulaEvaluator
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:42:34 GMT
How can I evaluate date formulas using HSSFFormulaEvaluator. When I have a
date formula (such as =NOW())in my xls file and I call the evaluation API;
I’m getting back a double number. In addition the type of the cell is Number
so I don’t have a way in my java code to know that I’m dealing with a date.
In the case where the formula is =NOW() I would like to get back the current
date formatted the same way I see it in Excel. Is it doable?

Many Thanks,
Yaniv