poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Excel Exponential problem
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 06:21:51 GMT

Perhaps a silly question but are you certain there is no format applied to
the cell? Have you tried passing the cell to the static formatCellValue()
method of the DataFormatter class yet? If that works, it will only return a
String for you but that should suffice for presentation purposes.

The second tool you could look at is the java.text.NumberFormat class. That
may provide a way for you to convert from the 'scientific' notation; the
only problem could be, as Josh indicated, that the value entered into the
cell originally cannot be represented exactly.

Yours

Mark B