poi-user mailing list archives

From "Lingjiao.Chen" <lingjiao.c...@cloudnovations.com>
Subject Re: writeProtectWorkbook() method does not work to set password to excel file to open
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 13:18:12 GMT

In respect to the subject, does anyone know why writeProtecWorkbook() method
is not supported within the XSSFWorkbook API ? Is there an alternative way
to password 'lock' the workbook with the XSSF format? Or is it that the
method hasn't been implemented yet ?

Thanks.

Debendra wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> If I uncomment the statement sheet.protectSheet("xyz"); then it does not
> allow to modify the excel sheet but it does not ask any password to open
> the excel file. It is not prompting any password while opening the excel
> file, but my requirement is it should ask password to open the excel file.
> The excel file will not be opened without any password. Could you please
> help me to solve this issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Debendra
>

> MSB wrote:
>>
>> I think that I am correct in saying that there are two parts to this
>> equation, cell is locking and protection; unless cells are locked then
>> protection will not be enabled.
>>
>> The easy wasy to test this hypotheses is to modify the cell style you are
>> creating in the attached code and add this line;
>>
>> cs.setLocked(true);
>>
>> apply the cell style as you are now and uncomment the protectSheet("xyz")
>> line;
>>
>> sheet.protectSheet("xyz");
>>
>> I think that will solve the problem but cannot be absolutely certain;
>> either way, it is certainly worth checking.
>>
>> Yours
>>
>> Mark B
>>

>> Debendra wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Could anyone please help me to create a password protected excel sheet.
>>> The requirement is, password needs to be given to open an excel file. It
>>> will not open the excel file without password. I am using the following
>>> program, but it is not asking any password while opening.
>>>
>>> import java.io.;
>>> import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.;