poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: writeProtectWorkbook() method does not work to set password to excel file to open
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 06:21:50 GMT

I think that I am correct in saying that there are two parts to this
equation, cell is locking and protection; unless cells are locked then
protection will not be enabled.

The easy wasy to test this hypotheses is to modify the cell style you are
creating in the attached code and add this line;

cs.setLocked(true);

apply the cell style as you are now and uncomment the protectSheet("xyz")
line;

sheet.protectSheet("xyz");

I think that will solve the problem but cannot be absolutely certain; either
way, it is certainly worth checking.

Yours

Mark B