poi-user mailing list archives

From Debendra <debendra_mca2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject writeProtectWorkbook() method does not work to set password to excel file to open
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 05:03:11 GMT

Hi,
Could anyone please help me to create a password protected excel sheet. The
requirement is, password needs to be given to open an excel file. It will
not open the excel file without password. I am using the following program,
but it is not asking any password while opening.

import java.io.;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.;
class PasswordExcelSheet {
public static void main(String arg[]) {
try{
FileOutputStream out = new
FileOutputStream("D:\\java_prog\\excelsheet\\MyExcel.xls");
HSSFWorkbook hssfworkbook = new HSSFWorkbook();
hssfworkbook.writeProtectWorkbook("abc","xyz");
HSSFSheet sheet = hssfworkbook.createSheet("new sheet");
String s="HCL Tech";
HSSFCellStyle cs = hssfworkbook.createCellStyle();
HSSFDataFormat df = hssfworkbook.createDataFormat();
HSSFFont f = hssfworkbook.createFont();
HSSFFont f2 = hssfworkbook.createFont();
cs.setDataFormat(HSSFDataFormat.getBuiltinFormat("text"));
HSSFRow row = sheet.createRow((short)0);
HSSFCell cell = row.createCell((short)0);
cell.setCellValue(s );
cell.setCellStyle(cs);
//sheet.protectSheet("xyz");
hssfworkbook.write(out);