poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: POI : Memory and Perfomance
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:38:07 GMT
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, jayrp11 wrote:
> We have to find a working solution which will fit my memory requirement
> ( and for this matter I hope for most of the users ) !!

Patches are always very welcome! :) If you join the dev list, people'll be
happy to give you help and guidance on how to work on poi, if you fancy
tackling the memory issue yourself. Otherwise, there are a few people and
companies out there who offer support and enhancements to poi, if it's a
major issue you could always contract one of them to work on it for you.

> If this is limitation in POI, please document it on your website, so
> user can think about their own requirement before migrating or using it
> other then discovering at very later stage like UAT.

I've added a note to the hssf/xssf page about ooxml needing more memory,
for people who haven't noticed the long standing discussions on the topic
on the lists.

Nick