poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject RE: getName() for local worksheet names
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:42:30 GMT

Sorry it took so long to respond but XSSF - and I am assuming you are
targeting OpenXML workbooks and using that stream of the API - is not really
my area so I had to dig around a little. Further, I have not tested this
code so cannot promise it will work but it should;

int numNames = workbook.getNumberOfNames();
for(int i = 0; i < numNames; i++) {
    XSSFName name = workbook.getNameAt(i);
    System.out.println("Name: " + name.getNameName());
    System.out.println("Formula: " + name.getRefersToFormula());
    System.out.println("Index: " + name.getSheetIndex());
    System.out.println("Sheet name: " + name.getSheetName());
}

With regard to HSSFWorkbooks, more of this is defined directly at the sheet
level - for example there is an HSSFWorkbook.getNameName(index) method. In
addition, the HSSF stream does have an analogue for the XSSFName class
called HSSFName. As far as I know, it has all of the same methods declared.

Hope this helps.

Yours

Mark B