poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Converting xls to xlsx
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:49:00 GMT

Sorry, there is no predefined method that you can call to perform a
conversion, neither is it possible to open the .xls and then save it as a
.xlsx. Of course, there is nothing at all preventing you from writing a
conversion method yourself but this would not be a trivial task.

Faced with your requirement, I would certainly look at OpenOffice. It has an
API that you can access through Java code and a series of filters that can
be utilised to perform type conversions.

Yours

Mark B