poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Get image binary data in Excel worksheet with known filename/cell location
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 07:43:15 GMT

Just a progress report really; and there is not too much of that at the
moment sadly.

Yesterday, I had a good play with the objects recovered into the
HSSFWorkbook.getAllPIctures() method. The AbstractEscherHolderRecord made it
possible to get at EscherBSERecord(s) - and therefore the associated BLIP
records. There was also an associated OPT record and this got me quite
excited. We used the OPT record in the other code to get at the picture's
name as one of the record's properties was the blip.blipfilename; sadly, not
in this case. Next, I had a good look at Matthew's code and think that this
points the way forward. Extra data members have been added to a couple of
the classes and they are updated whenever a picture is added to the workbook
- a foreign key I suppose you could cal it is used to link records together.
Now, I need to find out how the records are created when an existing file is
parsed and similarly write values into these data members to 'link' the blip
and anchor records together. That will require more digging - both into the
code and into the way the Escher Layer works - and I will have to do this
when work commitments allow. As a result, I cannot promise when this will be
- although I am going to spend some time today - before and after the German
Grand Prix.

As always, wil let you know if I make any progress.

Yours

Mark B