poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Get image binary data in Excel worksheet with known filename/cell location
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:02:11 GMT

Yesterday evening and a few times today, I have had the chance to look into
this problem and do not think it will be that easy to solve - although I
have yet to look closely at the work Matthew undertook and fell that this
could hold an answer.

The stumbling block that I have run into is that I need to access The
EscherBSERecord and the EscherBlipRecord that it contains in order to get at
the raw data for the image. Working with the Escher records that I can
currently access through the HSSFWorkbook and HSSFSheet, I am not sure that
this is possible. Looking at the source for the getAllPictures() method in
the HSSFWorkbook class however, it is possible to get at these records - and
possibly all of the others I need access to - but the necessary data is
protected and not, therefore, accessible from outside the class. It may be
that the API will have to be patched to provide the required level of
functionality but I do not yet know this for certain.

Will post again if I make any further progress.

Yours

Mark B