poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Get image binary data in Excel worksheet with known filename/cell location
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:09:17 GMT

The problem you may face is that images are not placed into cells, instead,
they float on the surface of the workbook so to speak. I think that what you
will have to do is to look at the addresses of the cells that are covered by
the image and use that as your gudie; you could probably say something along
the lines of 'get me the image whose top left hand corner is in cell A1' for
example. What you will actually be after is the anchor that should be
associted with each image. That should encapsulate all of the information
you are after.

I cannot promise but if I have the time over the weekend, I will take a look
at this if timescale is not too pressing.

Yours

Mark B