poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Use cases for MS Word files
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:02:01 GMT

Hello Justin,

This morning, I had the opportunity to work on the piece of code that I sent
to you. Sadly, it is till not copying the formatting information between the
source and merged document. I am not at all sure what the cause of the
problem is but will continue to look. If I make any progress, I will post a
message to the list. The code will work however if all you need to do is
merge text from one document into another and if the default font - Times
New Roman on my PC - is satisfactory. If that is the case, then just
uncomment the line that reads something like this;

newCharRun = range.insertAfter(text);

and instead comment out this line;

newCharRun = range.insertAfter(text, charProps);

Yours

Mark B