poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject RE: Use cases for MS Word files
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 06:42:25 GMT

Hello Justin,

Not to hand, no I do not. Having said that I am quite willing to try and put
something together but cannot promise a time scale, sorry. If I have any
time today, I will look into writing something. Can I just ask how you want
to perform the merge? Do you want to simply copy text from one document into
an existing document or do you want to take some text from two or more
documents and merge that into a new document?

Thinking a little bit more overnight, the answer to merging documents ought
to have been 'yes but with a caveat'; fonts could be an issue but I am not
at all sure about this and it would require testing. I am thinking here
about a document that could have been created on another machine entirely
and then emailed to you; if it uses an obscure font then we could face a
problem however, this is hard to prove until some testing is undertaken.

Yours

Mark B