poi-user mailing list archives

From mstocker <maxstoc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HWPF - table borders and document colors
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:37:57 GMT
Dave Fisher <dave <at> jmlafferty.com> writes:

Hello Dave,

> Since this time there is the Microsoft OSP and you can certainly find
> documentation at
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc313153.aspx
>
> I hope this helps.

Not sure yet but thank you. It's a rather large document. I read the intro
page several times, does reading this PDF taint me from ever working on POI
source? I think the answer is no but just checking.

> That would be great. Be careful about the different licenses. See
> http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html
>   for ASF policy on cross licensing. iText is MPL and compatible with
> ASF projects only in binary form. Take care in creating your source.

But I'm not planning to distribute either the source or binaries to either of
those projects... POI or iText. So surely this wouldn't matter would it?

Well if it does I'll just leave most of my work for me then, but there the
iText stuff is just one class in one package (of writers) and the POI stuff is
just one class in one package (of parsers).

Thanks again for the feedback, suggestions and the link.