poi-user mailing list archives

From mstocker <maxstoc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HWPF - table borders and document colors
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:22:17 GMT
mstocker <maxstocker <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have been using HWPF for developing a little tool that I need and mostly
it
> is working fine except for two problems.
>
> 1) I am seemingly unable to detect if a table has a border or not. I don't
> care what colour it is or how large it is or anything else "fancy" just to
> know if it is there or not.

Well I think is doomed. I looked at the source for BorderCode and nothing good
is in there. Whatever the signal is for Word to draw a border around a table
is the values in BorderCode don't represent it because all I get is zeros. The
only thing that ever causes a change is using different border colors.

As an aside, man, this API needs a clean-up, what +is+ up with all the private
final static variables that are never used? :blink:

I'm going to look inside TableCellDescriptor and see if there is anything good
in there. I don't know where else this information might be although it must
be somewhere...

> 2) Getting the colour used for a CharacterRun.

And from my further reading this also seems hopeless.

This is too bad. But I think I'm stuck unless I actually start ripping apart
the doc myself.