poi-user mailing list archives

From Jon Brisbin <jon.bris...@npcinternational.com>
Subject Re: Problems adding logo image to spreadsheet
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 18:59:54 GMT

On Jun 3, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Take a look at the thread starting March 18, 2009 by AKewalramani
> and the subject of "Anchor type methods in XSSF" includes responses
> from Yegor:
>
>>> This was easy to achieve in HSSF because  the  HSSFClientAnchor
>>> class had a setAnchorType
>>> method which I could set a value to "2" and the image would move
>>> with the cell and it would
>>> not resize itself as the cell size is changed.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

If I set the anchor type to "2", I still have to multiply the pixel
height and width of my image by seemingly random values. In other
words, if I multiply the width of my image by 5.4 and the height of my
image by 3, I get a reasonable facsimile of the original inside my
spreadsheet.

Besides all of this being extraordinarily non-intuitive, I did search
extensively for example code, etc... and couldn't find anything that
says "to insert an image into your spreadsheet, keep A, B, and C, in
mind...", citing the above strangeness. It would seem that the POI
developers would have documented the fact that you have know the
secret codes to enter to get the results you're looking for,
especially if you simply have a requirement to generate a spreadsheet
to email to a non-technical user and you've never done that before and
you have heard about POI only second-hand and you don't have time to
spend digging into the source code of the thing just so you can use it
in a small, non-critical task.

It's been a very frustrating experience so far, to say the least...

Jon Brisbin
Portal Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.