poi-user mailing list archives

From Greg Inns <gi...@extol.com>
Subject Converting an XSSF model to an HSSF model
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:18:10 GMT

Use Case: read in an XLSX file, convert it, and write out an XLS file.

It looks like both the HSSFWorkbook and the XSSFWorkbook both implement the
SS Workbook interface, but that's where it ends.  In my mind, it make sense
to be able to construct a HSSFWorkbook from an XSSFWorkbook and visa versa,
although I would expect there might be some lost information in former case.

Am I missing something in the API documentation?  Or something else?