poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Formula are not evaluated in POI when the cell value change
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:30:01 GMT

I could very well be wrong because I have never had to do this sort of thing
myself, but I think that after populating the sheet you need to force any
and all formulae to evaluate themselves. You can find the code to do this on
the following page;

http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/eval.html

and I am guessing that you will need to look at the "Re-calculating all
formulas in a Workbook" section.

The reason I am saying this is that if you are using Excel and entering a
value into a cell that could affect a formula elsewhere on a sheet then the
application is aware of the change you have made and able to perform the
re-calculation. However, when it reads a file, it is not aware that any
changes have been made and will not automatically perform a re-calculation
of the formulas. Also, at the back of my mind is the thought that it is
possible to tell Excel to recalculate forumulae when it open a sheet. I
cannot remember though if this is an option you need to set from within
Excel itself. I will have a dig aorund and see what I can find.

Yours

Mark B