poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: not able to get the correct Range object for the area inside the textbox
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:06:03 GMT

Have you tried creating a textbox with a placeholder - some text that you can
search for, maybe 'TextBox1' for example inside it and then trying to
replace that string of text? Again, I have not tried this but I would expect
that if you open a document, get the top level range from that, get a list
of Paragraph(s) from the Range and then work through each Paragraph, then
you should see a Paragraph object for the 'TextBox1' String returned to you.
If so, then it ought to be a matter of replacing this text and seeing what
happens.

With regard to your other question, no, I do not know how to access the
space inside the Textbox, sorry. HWPF is still an immature product that is
being developed and it may be - that is a may be - that it cannot currently
support the functionality you require.

Having said that, as soon as I have the time, I will play with some code to
see what happens. Sadly however, I cannot promise when this will be as I am
looking into another problem for a list member currently.

Yours

Mark B