poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: sample code to read excel listbox values
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:56:51 GMT

Sorry to say this but I do not think this is possible.

Excel uses data validations to check the values users enter into cells and
to offer then a list to select a value from. It is possible only with HSSF
to create data validations using the HSSFDataValidation class but I cannot
find in the javadoc any method that recovers a data validation from a
workbook, sheet or cell.

I could very well be wrong and will have a play with some code this evening
to see if there is anything I can do. If I find any more information, I will
post again.

Yours

Mark B