poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: how to protect only xls sheet contents, not objects
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 10:13:44 GMT
On Thu, 14 May 2009, Filip Defoort wrote:
> I found the getters for it (sheet.getObjectProtect()) and the raw
> record, but I can't figure out how to go about setting it. As soon as I
> do cell.setLocked() and sheet.protectSheet("bla"), both contents as well
> as objects seem to be locked.

I'd suggest you create a couple of different files in excel, identical
apart from the different sheet protection things you're interested in.
Then, use BiffViewer to see how they actually differ in the file. Once you
know how the record(s) differ, it should be fairly easy to add an extra
getters/setters as needed on the record, then expose that in the usermodel

Nick