poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: POI 3.5 beta 5 feedback - Hard Errors
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:35:25 GMT
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009, Jamie Band wrote:
> org.apache.poi.hslf.usermodel.SlideShow.buildSlidesAndNotes()
> [ArrayIndexOutOfBoundException]

Shouldn't happen - any chance you could upload a problem file to a new
bugzilla entry?

> org.apache.poi.hwpf.sprm.ParagraphSprmUncompressor.uncompressPAP(ParagraphProperties,

> byte[], int) [NullPointerException]

Might be a poi bug, or it might be a corrupt document. If you open a
problem document in word and re-save, does the issue go away?

> org.apache.poi.hwpf.HWPFDocument.<init>(DirectoryNode, POIFSFileSystem)
> [IllegalStateException]

This is almost always triggered by a corrupt or invalid document. Take
a look at the exception message for more info. I'm not sure what else we
can really do in the event that we're given duff documents?

Nick