poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Copy images from Workbook to Workbook
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 06:43:29 GMT

To get at the actual position of the image on the page, you will need to
interrogate the client anchor object. It has methods called getRow1(),
getRow2(), getCol1() and getCol2(). They each return an int that together
will give you the indices of the cells at the top left hand and bottom right
hand corners of the cell. I am not sure but I guess that this will allow you
to easilly construct an anchor object for positioning the images on the copy
worksheet.

One other problem that remains to be resolved is tying together images and
positional details. The opt record contains details about the image itself
including it's location - it's fully qualified name. Getting at that
information is looking to be a little complex however - I am guessing that
you will have to look into the properties - the List of EscherProperty
objects - the opt record object maintains and try to interrogate it for the
information.

The other problem is to prevent the code from returning multiple copies of
the information and I think that the key to this may be to use the recordID
value contained in both the opt and anchor records. Sadly, time is short for
me now - as it was a grand prix weekend, I booked time off even thugh this
is our busiest time of the year; not something I expect to do this week
sadly. Having said that, if I have the chance to work on the code, I will do
so.